Students and Parents,
We are so excited to welcome each of you back to a new and exciting school year! I want to draw your attention to some important information as our 1st-6th grade students start school on Thursday, Aug 18, 2022. Kindergarten begins Aug 26th and Preschool begins Aug 24th.
- Please complete your child’s yearly registration before school starts. This ensures that your child will have access to technology at school and that we have accurate information for your child.
- Teacher assignments will be available on Skyward on Friday, Aug 12th . You will need to complete online registration before that time!
- Our Back-to-School Night will be held in person on Wednesday, Aug 17th between 5:30-7:00pm. We will again be serving hotdogs and chips after you visit your teachers and the PTA! We would like to thank PTA for sponsoring this fun event!
- The first day of school for grades 1-6 is Thursday, Aug 18th . The students should line up outside at 8:53am when they hear music playing outside. Grade level numbers are painted on the playground and there will be signs indicating teacher lines. The first bell rings at 8:55am and teachers will bring students into the building at that time.
Here is a link to the updated district school calendar.
- The first day of school for Kindergarten will be Friday, Aug 26th. Kindergarten teachers will be contacting you to schedule beginning of year testing appointments between Aug 18th and Aug 25th.
- AM Kindergarten Hours – M-Th 9:00am - 11:40am, Fri. 9:00am - 10:50am
- PM Kindergarten Hours – M-Th 12:55pm – 3:35pm, Fri. 11:10am – 1pm
- The first day of school for Preschool will be Wednesday Aug 24th. Please see the preschool calendar at this link. https://jcdc.jordandistrict.org/preschool/calendar/
- AM Preschool Hours – M-Th 9:30am – 12:00pm (No classes on Friday)
- PM Preschool Hours – M-Th 12:45pm – 3:15pm (No classes on Friday)
- School breakfast and lunch are NOT free this year. Breakfast is $.80 and Lunch is $1.75. You can apply for a FREE/REDUCED lunch by filling out an application online by logging into Skyward, or you may pick up an application at the school.
- Drop-off and pick-up of students must be done in the south/west car loop. The district has required that our north drop-off loop be used for busses only. See link for additional drop-off and pick-up procedures.
- Parents may come into the office or call the office to check-out students. ID is still required! Please see the following link with current check-in and check-out
- Safe Walking Route – Please see the following link.
We hope you are all having a fun, safe, and exciting summer! We are excited to welcome students back to school on Thursday, Aug 18th! If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact the school.
Principal, Blackridge Elementary
Click to enlarge or print.