Students and Parents,
We are so excited to welcome each of you back to a new and exciting school year! I want to draw your attention to some important information as our 1st-6th grade students start school on Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2023. Kindergarten begins Aug. 30th and Preschool begins Aug. 28th.
- Please complete your child’s yearly registration before school starts. This ensures that your child will have access to technology at school and that we have accurate information for your child.
- Teacher assignments are now available on Skyward!
- Our Back-to-School Night will be held on Monday, Aug. 21st between 5:30-7:00pm. We will again be serving hotdogs and chips after you visit your teachers and the PTA! We would like to thank PTA for sponsoring this fun event!
- The first day of school for 1st-6th grades is Tuesday, Aug. 22nd. The students should line up outside at 8:53am when they hear music playing outside. Grade level numbers are painted on the playground and there will be signs indicating teacher lines. The first bell rings at 8:55am and teachers will bring students into the building at that time. Here is a link to the updated district school calendar. https://planning.jordandistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2023-24-Elementary-School-Calendar.pdf
- The first day of school for Kindergarten will be Wednesday, Aug. 30th. Kindergarten teachers will be contacting you to schedule beginning of year testing appointments between Aug. 22 and Aug. 29.
- Full Day Kindergarten Hours – M-Th 9am-3:35pm, Fri 9am-1pm
- AM Kindergarten Hours – M-Th 9am-11:40am, Fri 9am-10:50am
- PM Kindergarten Hours – M-Th 12:55pm – 3:35pm, Fri 11:10 – 1pm
- The first day of school for Preschool will be Monday Aug 28th. Please see the preschool calendar at this link. https://jcdc.jordandistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2023/04/Tentative-Preschool-Student-Calendar-2023-2024.pdf
- AM Preschool Hours – M-Th 9:30am – 12:00pm (No classes on Friday)
- PM Preschool Hours – M-Th 12:45pm – 3:15pm (No classes on Friday)
- The price for breakfast and lunch changed a little this year. Breakfast is $1.05 and Lunch is $2.00. You can apply for a FREE/REDUCED lunch by filling out an application online by logging into Skyward, or you may pick up an application at the school.
- Drop-off and pick-up of students must be done in the south/west car loop. The district has required that our north drop-off loop be used for busses only. See link for additional drop-off and pick-up procedures. https://blackridge.jordandistrict.org/school-info/drop-off-and-pick-up-procedures/
- This year parents need to come into the office to check-out students. ID is always required! Please see the following link with current check-in and check-out procedures. https://blackridge.jordandistrict.org/school-info/check-in-check-out-procedures/
- Safe Walking Route – Please see the following link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Z7JIpIpQawgqqFz0fQe-Wq6V4WrzLPX/view
We hope you are all having a fun, safe, and exciting summer! We are excited to welcome students back to school on Tuesday, Aug. 22nd! If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact the school.
Principal, Blackridge Elementary
Click to enlarge or print.