The Blackridge School Community Council met on June 26, 2014 and as directed by state law and district policy, made the recommendation that “non-eligible” students who live outside the Busing Boundary Area be given an opportunity to apply for a busing permit.
Busing Permits will be issued based on the School Community Council’s eligibility recommendations:
- “Non-eligible” students living the greatest distance from the school and/or closest to the nearest bus stop, who submit a Busing Request for Ineligible Students Application, and are willing to travel to one of the established bus stops, will be issued a busing permit.
- Priority will be given FIRST, to “non-eligible” families with a medical need for student transportation, meeting the criteria above; and SECOND, to “non-eligible” families living closest to the established bus stop, meeting the criteria above.
- When a family moves into the “eligible” area, the family with “non-eligible” students living closest to the school will have their permit revoked. (Families with a medical need are exempt from this recommendation.)
- Only “eligible” students living in the Lookout Ridge subdivision are allowed to ride the bus.
- Busing permits will be awarded September 10, 2015. Notification of permit approval will be forwarded to families via email.
- Families awarded busing permits will be allowed on the bus after September 10th.