Students and Parents,
We are so excited to welcome each of you back to a new and exciting school year! I want to draw your attention to some important information as we begin school on Tuesday, Aug 17, 2021.
- If you have not already, please complete your child’s yearly registration before school starts. This ensures that your child will have access to technology at school and that we have accurate information for your child.
- Teacher assignments are currently available on Skyward under "Schedule".
- Our Back-to-School Night will be held in person on Monday, Aug 16th between 5:30-7:00pm. We will be serving hotdogs and chips after you visit your teachers and the PTA! We would like to thank PTA for sponsoring this event! Those who don’t feel comfortable coming in person my contact teachers before this event via email or telephone.
- The first day of school for 1-6 grades is Tuesday, Aug 17th. The students should line up outside at 8:53am when they hear music playing outside. Grade level numbers are painted on the playground and there will be signs indicating teacher lines. The first bell rings at 8:55am and teachers will bring students into the building at that time. UPDATED Jordan School District Calendar
- The first day of school for Kindergarten will be Wednesday, Aug 25th. Kindergarten teachers will be contacting you to schedule beginning of year testing appointments between Aug 17 and Aug 25.
- AM Kindergarten Hours – M-Th 9am-11:40am, Fri 9am-10:55am
- PM Kindergarten Hours – M-Th 12:55pm – 3:35pm, Fri 11:05 – 1pm
- The first day of school for Preschool will be Monday Aug 23rd. Pre-school Calendar
- AM Preschool Hours – M-Th 9:15am – 11:45am (No classes on Friday)
- PM Preschool Hours – M-Th 12:15pm – 2:45pm (No classes on Friday)
- School breakfast and lunch will be free this year due to a USDA free meal waiver.
- Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures - Drop-off and pick-up of students must be done in the south/west loop. The district has required that our north drop-off loop be used for busses only. See link for additional drop-off and pick-up procedures.
- Check-in and Check-out Procedures - Parents are asked to not enter the building to check-in and check-out students.
- Safe Walking Route
What is the school doing to protect students from Covid 19?
- Sanitation and Hygiene – Custodial staff and teachers will continue to follow best practices for cleaning and sanitization to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. Hand sanitizer will still be used in the school and classrooms. (Students may bring their own hand sanitizer to use at their desks.)
- Face Masks – Face masks are not required in Jordan School District schools or offices. Individual choices regarding masks should be respected. State and County Health Department recommendations regarding masks can be found at the following link: coronavirus.utah.gov/education/ We encourage families to study the recommendations and choose what they believe is best.
- Isolation – Students and employees who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate as directed by the County Health Department. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted at school or any school activities during their isolation period.
- Quarantine – Quarantine decisions for students and employees who may have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 will be made with the county health department. More information will be forthcoming.
- Feel Sick? Stay Home – Students and staff who have COVID-19 symptoms should stay home. Having symptomatic individuals stay home will significantly reduce our need for student quarantines. If your child comes to school sick they will be sent home.
- Virtual School Available – Virtual, online learning is available for all K-12 students in Jordan School District. Elementary students can register at the following link. rockypeak.jordandistrict.org/registration/
We will keep you updated as plans, protocols, and recommendations evolve.
We hope you all had a fun, safe, and exciting summer! We are excited to welcome students back to school on Tuesday, Aug. 17th! If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact the school.
Principal, Blackridge Elementary