Blackridge Halloween Parade!
- The Halloween parade will take place on Thurs., October 31, 2019 @ 1:45 pm.
- It will take place OUTSIDE on the school blacktop (weather pending) so be prepared and dress for the weather!
- Class parties will start AFTER the parade (approx. 2:15 pm)
- We ask that parents NOT check their child out after 3:00 pm that day in order to alleviate congestion in the office.
- If you are going to check your child out at any point, please sign them out in the office and the office will call them down. Please do not take your child directly from the parade. For safety reasons, teachers will not allow students to leave with parents without being checked out at the office first.
- The best place to PARK will be in the parking lot of the church across the street to the West. Or in the parking lot to the North of the building.
- ***Please note that the drop-off/pick-up area will be closed off during the parade and parties in order to assure no cars are parked for after school pickup.
- See you there!
Letter From the Principal
Dear Blackridge Parents,
We are about to begin an exciting new year here at Blackridge Elementary! I am thrilled to join your school community and have heard wonderful things about our teachers and parents! Principal Giles is someone I have admired and respected for many years and am honored to follow such a great leader. I will do my best to make school a wonderful experience for all of your children and am excited to meet each of you.
I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself to each of you. My name is David Butler. I have been an educator for 21 years and am committed to helping children excel at school. My wife and I live in Herriman and we have 3 children and 1 on the way! I love being a parent and have enjoyed watching my children grow and learn. In my free time, I enjoy rock climbing, canyoneering, waterskiing, mountain biking, camping, and snow skiing.
As we begin a new school year together, I invite each of you to:
- Ensure your child is on time and ready to learn every day.
- Participate in your child’s education by volunteering in his or her classroom.
- Communicate regularly with your child’s teacher about your child’s progress at school.
Thank you for supporting your children and our school. If you have any questions or concerns about your child, please feel free to contact me via email, phone, or by coming into the office. I promise that I will do everything in my power to ensure your child is successful at school.
David Butler, Principal